Client 'racing' - Website redesign
Where - UX Architect at We Love Digital When - 2014 How - UX design, information architecture, desk research
To comply with my non-disclosure agreement, this case study is a fictional representation of an actual project. Confidential information that could reveal client’s identity is obscured or omitted. The information in this case study is my own and does not necessarily reflect the views of my employer and their clients.
In a nutshell
Client X’s website was out of date in terms of design and devoid of a mobile version. Additionally, the users found difficult to retrieve relevant information and to navigate the website. This consisted of forty-four pages distributed across twelve templates. Its aim was to provide users with information on client X’s weekly racing achievements and showcase client X’s assets. We Love Digital were asked to completely redesign the website by adopting a mobile first approach, optimizing information findability and reducing the amount of pages of the website.
This project had the particular challenge of a very demanding timeline for a complete redesign involving fourteen different variations of the website.
User research (expert evaluation), cross-device user interface design (Axure, Illustrator, pen and paper), client management, internal teamwork/work-shopping, information architecture.
- Conducted content inventory of the existing site
- Identified personas, their relevant needs and scenarios of usage of the website
- Analyzed competitors to collect examples of how content could be presented
- Identified the number of templates needed and the relevant user's goals
- Designed the new sitemap
- Sketched the templates in a series of collaborative workshops with the dedicated visual designer
- Participated in design review sessions to make sure the templates met usability criteria
- Annotated templates for handover to developers
- Quality assurance sessions
Process and examples
Select another project if you'd like to know more about my work
Download my CV